What is inorganic benzene?
Inorganic benzene is a polar inorganic Compound with the formula B3N3H6. it is called cyclic compound, In this cyclic Compound, three BH units and three NH units is connected alternate. the borazine Compound is isoelectronic and isostructure with benzene.
inorganic benzene is also known as borazine. We know that borazine is a polar inorganic Compound. So, it is more reactive whereas benzene is a non polar so they are less reactive.
Borazine structure are created with three B-H bond and NH bond. Borazine structure is cyclic in nature. Borazine is made from electron, so it is called isoelectronic structure.
The chemical formula of Inorganic benzene is
the chemical formula of inorganic benzene is (BH)3 (NH)3. Inorganic benzene is a polar inorganic Compound with the formula (BH)3(NH)3.
Its cyclic compound where carbon in benzene replaced with boron (B) and nitrogen(N).
it is called organic compound and cyclic compound, In this cyclic compound, there are three BH units and three NH units is connected alternate.
yes, it is absolutely true, the inorganic benzene (borazine) compound is isoelectronic and isostructure with benzene.
inorganic benzene is more reactive whereas benzene is less reactive. reson is polarity.
You know that, polarity is difference between inorganic benzene and benzene. benzene is a non polar molecules that’s why it is less reactive. Whereas inorganic benzene is polar molecules so, it is more reactive.
Read More – Azo dyes, Azo dye test, azo dye test for phenol?
Inorganic benzene is?
We know that in case of inorganic benzene structure, inorganic benzene is also denoted with borazine because it is very similar to benzene structure. The main similarity is that, in case of borazine, there are B-H or B-N bond on it. Whereas in case of benzene, there are C-H or C-N bonds on it. and borazine is polar compound so it is more reactive but benzene is non polar so it is less reactive.
We know that, borazine is more reactive compound, it make cyclic structure and it make structure from electron so, it is called isoelectronic structure. borazine is also called isostructure, so it means it is similar to benzene structure so it is called isostructure. This structure is made with the help of B-H and N-H bond.
Properties of inorganic benzene
1. It is colourless liquid with aromatic smell.
2. This compound have cyclic structure.
3. Borazine have B=N (double) or B-N (single bond) but bond length are equal.
4. It make planner cyclic structure.
5. Borazine is more reactive then benzene.
6. In water, it is hydrolyzes to boric acid, ammonia, and hydrogen.
7. Bond length of borazine is 144pm.
8. It make isoelectronic structure
9. Borazine structure is same as benzene.
10. Borazine is also called benzene because both have cyclic structure.
How will you convert diborane into inorganic benzene?
Borazine was first prepared by Alfred stock and pohland in 1926 by the reaction between diborane and ammonia in 1:2 ratio.
Take diborane and ammonia in 1:2 ratio and heat at low temperature then it is given addition product like – B2H6. 2NH3.
B2H6 + 2NH3 – B2H6. 2NH3
When addition product B2H6. 2NH3 is heated at low temp (200°) a volatile compound inorganic benzene is formed.
3B2H6.2NH3 – 2B3N3H6 + 12H2
Additional compound 3B2H6.2NH3 is heated at 200°c then it is given 2B2NH3H6 + 12 H2. (Only hydrogen is remove).
How will convert borane trichloride to inorganic benzene?
It is also prepared with BCl3.
When borane trichloride (3BCl3) is react with ammonia chloride then it is given B3N3H3Cl3. After this, this compound are reduction in sodium brohydride. then it is given B3N3H6 + 3HCl
You know that, it is an aromatic compound because it is obey huckel (4n + 2) π electron rule.
How will you prepared borazine from ammonia?
1. When the B2H6 is react with ( in the excess of ammonia) (NH3) then it is directly given borazine (B3N3H6).
How will you prepared borazine from LiBH4?
2. When 3 LiBH4 + 3NH4Cl, if react then it also give borazine (B3H6N3) and 3LiCl + 9h2.
Difference between Inorganic benzene and benzene?
Here, first we will discuss about inorganic benzene (borazine). after this, we will discuss about benzene.
first off all, you have to draw the structure of inorganic benzene (borazine). because you can understand properly about borazine. we know that Borazine is highly reactive compound. the chemical structure of borazine is more similar to benzene.
Inorganic benzene structure (borazine)
If you look in this structure, then this structure is known as borazine. If you look carefully, you will find that there is some similarity in benzene.
Now, first we will discuss about borazine.
1. the molecular formula of borazine is B3H6N3.
2. Alternate: in borazine structure there are three BH unit and three NH unit are connected. and there are B-H or B-N bond on it.
3. Polar inorganic compound: In this condition, borazine’s B-N bond are polar. therefore, borazine is polar molecules. So they are more reactive therefore, borazine is called more reactive compound.
4. Cyclic structure: borazine or benzene both are made cyclic type structure. So, it is called cyclic structure.
5. Isoelectronic: isoelectronic with benzene, it means that electron are present in both structure.
6. Isostructure: isostructure with benzene, it means, both structure are similar so, it is called isostructure.
7. In case of inorganic benzene, it show addition reaction.
B3N3H6 + 3HCl – B3N3H9Cl3
8. In case of inorganic benzene, it make 4 products. For example;
If you look in this structure, then this structure is known as inorganic benzene. If you look carefully, you will find that there is some similarity in benzene.
1. the molecular formula of benzene is C6H6.
2. benzene then there are C-H or C-N bonds on it.
3. benzene’s C-C bond are non polar. these are the main difference between benzene and inorganic benzene (borazine) .
4. Polar inorganic compound – benzene is non polar compound. So you can say that benzene is less reactive. benzene is called less reactive compound.
5. Cyclic structure: (borazine) inorganic benzene or benzene both are made cyclic type structure. So, it is called cyclic structure.
7. Isoelectronic: isoelectronic with benzene, it means that electron are present in both structure.
8. Isostructure: isostructure with benzene, it means, both structure are similar so, it is called isostructure.
9. In case of normal benzene, it make three products
10. It is not show addition reaction in normal benzene.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Which compound is known as inorganic benzene?
“Borazine” yes, it is ture borazine is also known as inorganic benzene because of isostructural and isoelectronic with benzene.
2. If borazine and benzene both are react with HCl then what will happen?
Suppose, Benzene is react with HCl (hydrochloric acid) result is no reaction. there is no reaction between benzene and HCl.
C6H6 + HCl – No reaction
But if borazine is react with hydrochloric acid then it give B3N3H9Cl3 compound.
B3N3H6 + 3HCl – B3N3H9Cl3 (compound)
In this structure, Nitrogen (N) and borone (B) both are hydrolyzed and results sp2 but after reaction hydrolyzed will change from sp2 to sp3. this is the reason borazine is more reactive then benzene.
3. The Molecular formula of inorganic benzene is?
The molecular formula of inorganic benzene is B3N3H6.
4. Basic information of inorganic benzene?
the formula of inorganic benzene is (BH)3 (NH)3. Inorganic benzene is a polar type inorganic Compound with the formula (BH)3(NH)3. it is called organic compound and cyclic compound, In this cyclic Compound, there are three BH units and three NH units is connected alternate. the borazine Compound is isoelectronic and isostructure with benzene. this is the basic information about inorganic benzene.
5. Why borazine is called inorganic benzene?
Borazine is called inorganic benzene. because it’s similarities with benzene.
Some basic similarities with benzene is, such as,
- Isoelectronic with benzene
- It’s colourless liquid.
You know that, borazine is a colourless liquid like benzene. borazine is an aromatic compound. and it follow the 4n +2 rule. bond length is same. it mean, bond length between boron and nitrogen is same.
borazine is a polar and aromatic Compound. So, it is more reactive whereas benzene is a non polar so they are less reactive.
6. Which compound is more reactive?
(a) Borazine Or (b) inorganic benzene
if you want to know, how much derivatives is in both. if you observed the structure of benzene carefully, you got. there are 3 derivatives on it.
Therefore, the correct answer is (a).
7. Inorganic benzene is aromatic or not?
Yes, it is aromatic compound because it follows obey huckel (4n + 2) π electrons rule.
8. Inorganic benzene is polar or non polar?
Yes, It is highly polar molecules whereas benzene is stable non-polar compound. because of the difference in electronegativity between the boron (2.04) and hydrogen (3.04).
9. What is borazole? and how it is prepared?
The basic concept of Borazole is, it isostructural and isoelectronic with benzene. hence it is called borazole.
When diborane is treated with acess amount of ammonia at 200°C to produce borazine.
3B2H6 (diborane) + 6 NH3 (Amonia) – 2 B3N3H6 (borazine)