Properties of reactive dye
here I m going to explain about properties of reactive dye with step by step. these are the main important properties of reactive dye.
1. Reactive dye is anionic in nature.
2. Alkaline condition is must required for dyeing.
3. Electrolyte is must for proper exhaustion for dyeing.
4. Reactive dye having good substantivity.
5. Reactive dye form strong co-valent bond with the cellulosic fiber.
6. Reactive dye are used for cellulosic and protein fiber.
7. these dyes are soluble in water.
8. This process is very easy.
9. In case of reactive dyes, reactive group with- OH group of cellulose and -NH2 group of proteins fiber.
10 These dyes is gives all type of shades.
11 In dyeing process, the reactive group of the dye makesco-valent bond with the fibers.
12. In case of reactive dyes, Rubbing fastness are good.
13. washing fastness and light fastness properties is good.
14. wide range of color can be easy produced with the reactive dye.
15. perspiration fastness is also good with rating 4-5.
16 Reactive dye can protect the degrading effect of ultra-violet ray.
17. Reactive dyes are found in power form, liquid form and print form.
18. In case of reactive dyes all type of shade are available.
19. Rubbing fastness and light fastness both are good.
20. Reactive dyes are able to dyeing for all type of cellulosic fiber, such as lyocell fibers.